Saturday, July 16, 2005

The World Has Turned Upside Down and Back To Front

First we have a book from a believer, Nick Redfern, which kicks away the principle prop of mainstream Ufology in the shape of Roswell, the coat peg from which virtually all is hung.

Then we have arch sceptics turning out work that removes from the sceptical armoury one of the heaviest clubs used to beat Ufologists around the head with, namely that UFO sightings apparently do not increase after the release of a major Ufological based film.

Magonia Supplement No.57 http://magonia.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/ms57.htm

Stop this boys. I'm getting a headache and I'm very confused.


Stuart Miller

3 Comments:

Blogger Dante Rosati said...

Hi-

I dont thing I would call Roswell either the principle prop nor the peg from which all else is hung. It is now a complete quagmire from which I doubt the truth (whatever that may be) will ever be wrung. It should be laid to rest and more interesting and contemporary cases attended to.

Dante

Saturday, 16 July, 2005  
Blogger Paul Kimball said...

Stuart:

I know you like Nick's book, but it has not finished debate on the Roswell case. There are significant flaws in his evidence, at least in my opinion, some of which I've already discussed with Nick, who, by the way, doesn't see his theory as the end of the story.

Paul

Saturday, 16 July, 2005  
Blogger Stuart said...

Gentlemen,

If I gave the the idea that it was all wrapped up and done with, then my apologies. I know there is a load more to go on this and no doubt, one or two surprises in store ahead as well.

My point though was a general one. It would be fairer to say that the book takes a negative point of view in relation to an alien connection to Roswell, and the book is authored by someone who previously took a positive stance, whereas the magonia article is the other way around.

Magonia actually published while Updates was shut down so it was generally only Brits that got to see it for the first week it was out. Kottmeyer's work was criticised by other fellow UK sceptics who claimed that his stats didn't tie in with either MOD or other unspecified American stats.

Still, an interesting turn.

Sunday, 17 July, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home